Frequently asked questions
How can I shop with you during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are a number of ways for you to shop with us during this pandemic.
1. As of Friday, May 29, 2020, we are now able to reopen to the public. We will have updated store hours and some additional state-mandated precautions for both customers and staff.
2. E-mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you're looking for. We monitor this e-mail while we are at the store and will respond to your request as soon as we can. Orders placed this way can be picked up at the store or, if you're unable to come to the store, we offer free in-town delivery to locations within Galesburg and Monmouth. If you live outside of those areas, we can also mail your purchase to you for a small fee.
3. Go to the Shop page on this website. If you prefer having books sent directly to your home or if you're looking for audiobooks or e-books, you can click through to our partners and purchase books in your preferred format.
4. If you still need assistance, you can call us at
5. For our most up-to-date COVID-19 information, please click
How has Wordsmith Bookshoppe implemented COVID-19 precautions?
1. We are following all requirements set by the State of Illinois with regards to COVID-19.
2. We offer curbside pickup at the store. You can call us when you arrive and pay over the phone and we'll bring your purchase out to you, or you can knock on the door and we'll let you stand inside the door or wait outside while we process your transaction.
3. We will wear masks and maintain at least 6 feet of social distance throughout your transaction.
4. We disinfect door handles, sales surfaces, and pens throughout the day and our credit card reader after every transaction.
5. For the most up-to-date information, please click
Which purchase option is most beneficial to your store?
No matter how you make a purchase, in-store, or through our storefronts with our online parnters, you will be helping our store.
What is most important to us is that you get the books you want in the best format for you.
What are your store hours?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our Illinois Tier 3 Hours are:
Monday - Saturday, 10am - 8pm
(9am-10am, by appointment only for High-Risk individuals)
Sunday, Noon - 6pm
What if you don't have the book I'm looking for?
While we aim to carry a large range of titles, it is impossible for any bookstore to carry, in store, every title available. Which is why we do Special Orders free of charge.
If we don't have the title you're looking for in stock, let us know and we will order it for you and call you when it arrives (usually within 7-10 business days, if not sooner).
You may also find your title through our online storefronts: