In accordance with the latest Illinois Phase 4 state mandate, we have made changes to some of our policies and procedures to make sure we stay in compliance with the mandate. These items are SUBJECT TO CHANGE at any time and will be updated here accordingly.
1. Our new store hours will be 10am-8pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm-6pm on Sunday.
2. Our capacity limit is 20 people at any one time. (per Phase 4 guidelines)
3. We ask that all of our customers who are medically able to wear a mask, please do so. We do have "high risk" employees who work at our store. If you are medically unable to wear a mask, we ask that you either take advantage of our "By Appointment Only" option (see item 5 below), or continue to use our website, customer service email, or call in with your orders.
4. We ask that you please DO NOT wear gloves into the store.
5. If you are a "high risk" individual, we have set aside our 9am-10am hour for you to personally browse using our "By Appointment Only" option. Please call the store to reserve your time on the date of your choosing. (We will not have this option available on Sundays at this time.)
6. As I previously stated on our social media, I am highly claustrophobic, so I will not be wearing a mask at all times. If I am helping you with a purchase in which we must be in close contact (within 6 feet of each other), I will wear a mask for a short time. However, if we can maintain the 6 foot clearance, I will remove it to prevent a panic attack. If we have another staff member available to assist you, they will be take care of you and I will maintain the 6 foot distancing. If my inability to wear a mask makes you uncomfortable, please gently let us know and we will accommodate you in a manner that you are comfortable with.
7. We maintain our online order process through our customer service email and our website. ALL other ordering requests through SOCIAL MEDIA will be redirected to the other ordering options. Examples would include: contacting us through messenger or asking questions through our Facebook posts. (We simply cannot keep up with the volume through social media and have no accurate way for accountability to maintain our high customer service standards.) If you have previously used social media as a way to order, please use our cs.wordsmithbooks@gmail address or call the store at 309.351.7767
8. We maintain our delivery options of curbside service, free delivery to Galesburg or Monmouth, or mailing your books to you for a small fee for those who wish to continue self-isolating.
9. We continue to take all forms of payment: cash, credit/debit, and check. Did you know that we also have a "tap" option for payment? Instead of swiping your card you can tap it to the key pad if your card has this availability to process your payment. (And we are checking to see if we have Apple Pay or Google Pay capabilities.)
10. Since you will be handling your own debit/credit card, we will not be sanitizing it for you, but we will sanitize the keypad after each transaction and continue to sterilize the pens used for signing your slip.
11. Although we will not have the staff to continue sanitizing the door handles on a constant basis, we will do so when the opportunity presents itself. To help minimize contact, we ask those entering through the front door to use the automatic door opener located on the building to the left of the door and push it with your arm. When exiting, use the button located by the fire extinguisher, again, using your arm. Unfortunately we do not have "contactless" entry through the back door, but you can push the door to exit with your arm as well to minimize contact.
12. And most importantly.....if you are UNWELL or running a TEMPERATURE, please, please, please, STAY HOME!
WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, but we want to make sure that we are doing so in a manner that is safe for everyone and that adheres to the state mandate. Non-compliance has grave consequences for small businesses, so your co-operation is highly valuable to us.
Thank you for shopping local!
- Teri Parks
Owner, Wordsmith Bookshoppe