In accordance with the latest State of Illinois guidelines and mandates, we make changes to some of our policies and procedures to make sure we stay in compliance. These items are SUBJECT TO CHANGE at any time and will be updated here accordingly.
1. Our store hours are 10am-8pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm-6pm on Sunday.
2. Masks are not currently required by the State of Illinois, but this could change depending on case levels. Please be aware of State and Local requirements and mask accordingly.
3. All customers are welcomed to utilize our curbside pickup service should they feel more comfortable that way. Please call ahead if you should choose this option.
4. We maintain our online order process through our customer service email and our website. ALL other ordering requests through SOCIAL MEDIA will be redirected to the other ordering options. Examples would include: contacting us through messenger or asking questions through our Facebook posts. (We simply cannot keep up with the volume through social media and have no accurate way for accountability to maintain our high customer service standards.) If you have previously used social media as a way to order, please use our cs.wordsmithbooks@gmail address or call the store at 309.351.7767
5. We maintain our delivery options of curbside service, free delivery to Galesburg or Monmouth, or mailing your books to you for a small fee for those who wish to continue self-isolating.
6. We continue to take all forms of payment: cash, credit/debit, and check. Did you know that we also have a "tap" option for payment? Instead of swiping your card you can tap it to the key pad if your card has this availability to process your payment. (And we are checking to see if we have Apple Pay or Google Pay capabilities.)
7. Since you will be handling your own debit/credit card, we will not be sanitizing it for you, but we will frequently sanitize the keypad and pens used for signing your slip.
8. And most importantly.....if you are UNWELL or running a TEMPERATURE, please, please, please, STAY HOME!
WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, but we want to make sure that we are doing so in a manner that is safe for everyone and that adheres to the state mandate. Non-compliance has grave consequences for small businesses, so your co-operation is highly valuable to us.
Thank you for shopping local!
- Teri Parks
Owner, Wordsmith Bookshoppe